[mythtv-users] Compilation Issues

Joel Means jmeans at physics.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 4 17:10:38 UTC 2007

I have a question about compiling Myth.  I am working on upgrading my
backend and separate frontend to the latest trunk from SVN.  The backend
went fine, but I have a problem on the frontend.  The frontend is built
on a Via MII10000 board.  Since it is still in use and is very slow to
compile, I am just throwing together a system using another desktop.  I
have put together a working, bootable system on the desktop and used it
to compile and install Mythtv.  Everything works great.  So, I copied
the system onto a compact flash card and used a cf-to-ide adapter in the
frontend.  The system boots, but I get a segmentation fault when I try
to run mythfrontend.  I am just wondering if this is due to Myth being
compiled on an Athlon processor instead of on the Via itself.  I used
"--arch=i386" in configuring mythtv to try and get around this problem,
but I get the segmentation fault.  Is there another arch I need to use,
or should I just leave that out, or do I have to compile it on the
processor on which it will be used?  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joel