[mythtv-users] No HD listings after 4/14 with DataDirect

Geoff Mishkin gmishkin at acs.bu.edu
Wed Apr 4 20:40:17 UTC 2007

It seems like there are a number of DD problems going on right now so I
hope this one isn't a duplicate.  It's definitely not the "too generic
show data."  Although I am affected by it, a fix appears to be in the
works.  My problem seems closely related to the "no listings for OTA
digital channels" problem, but not exactly.  Just to make sure, I
deleted all my video sources and recreated the digital lineup on zap2it.

The problem is that after 4/14, there is no data for most of the digital
stations.  However, I still get listings for CW (primary) and NBC
Weather Plus.  My zip is 02215 and I am on BU cable.  I added all the
XMLTV ID's by hand and it's been working for years.  One thing that
might be relevant is that subchannels have never been listed for BU
cable.  What I have been doing is adding the XMLTV ID's for the
subchannels from another listing, 03062 Broadcast.  Another thing is
that CW in HD was only recently added to the lineup.  Prior to that, I
was using an XMLTV ID from 03062 for that also.

Foreign ID's from 03062 Broadcast:
36037 (PBS HD)
31703 (NBC Weather Plus)
50830 (CW The Tube)
Until recently: 32633 (CW)
Now: 11659 (CW) which is native to BU cable

I might expect the case to be that DD would no longer download data for
channels that weren't part of the lineup specified for the video
source.  In that case, I would expect no data for NBC Weather Plus, CW
The Tube, and PBS HD, since those are the XMLTV ID's that I copied from
somewhere.  In all cases except Weather Plus, there is in fact no data.
I might also expect to get subchannel data only, if my foreign XMLTV
ID's were somehow masking the native lineup data.  However, I get some
combination of the two.  I get listings for the CW, which is native, and
NBC Weather Plus, which is foreign.  But, as I said before, CW in HD was
only recently added to the lineup.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

In any case, when I deleted the video sources, all the existing program
data should have been deleted as well.  That means that even with my
weird mix of ID's from different lineups, DD was able to get data up
until a seemingly arbitrary date, 4/14.  Why can't it get it through
4/17 and beyond?  There is data for the scores of analog channels, and
for the previously noted digital channels.  Why not...

PBS SD
PBS HD
CBS
ABC
NBC
FOX
CW The Tube

?

I should add that I can tune to *all* my channels without any problem!
So it's not a problem of missing/bad tuning data or anything like that
getting in the way.

             --Geoff Mishkin <gmishkin at bu.edu>