[mythtv-users] Little helper script if you use lirc with Hauppauge PVR350...

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Apr 4 20:41:57 UTC 2007

All,

I had an issue on my FE with a few of my input devices regularly swapping
places on reboot, and used to have to manually run input-kbd to have the
PVR350 remote behave correctly with myth, as I never knew beforehand what
/class/input/inputN device the Hauppauge IR receiver would be assigned
to...

I have now created a little grep+sed one-liner to check the dmsg for the
Hauppauge IR receiver initialization and use the result to feed input-kbd
the correct number:

/usr/bin/input-kbd -f /etc/hauppauge/pvr350.conf `grep -E
"Hauppauge.*/class/input/input" /var/log/dmesg | sed -r -e
"s/.*\/input\/input//"`

(Please note: This is a ONE-LINER, so all the above code should be on a
single line!!!)

I'm happy if it helps even a single person out there!  ;-)

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250