[mythtv-users] Hard Lock on FE/BE System Going into or Leaving EPG from Live TV

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:29:34 UTC 2007

On 04/04/07, Rizo <rizo at rizonet.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else had a problem with going into or leaving the guide from
> LiveTV?  I am having random system lockup problems on my combo FE/BE when
> entering or leaving the EPG. It is not consistent and it may work fine for
> four or five cycles of going to the EPG and back to LiveTV then hard lock
> during the transition.  It always happens during the transition from full
> screen LiveTV and the guide with preview.

I was seeing this.... or rather, I wasn't... then I did for a while,
and now I don't.

The only change I could see being at all relevant to when it started
and stopped was that I enabled "Real-time Threads".

When RT Threads are not enabled, my system is rock stable. When I
enable that feature, I see the intermittent lockups like you describe.

Do you have that setting enabled?

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent