[mythtv-users] MythTV: Front end hesitation over network

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Apr 5 15:46:18 UTC 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Lan Barnes wrote:

> The good news is I got MythFE working over the network. Tha other
> news is,
> it pauses exery ten seconds or so for about a half second.

The only way I've ever gotten my wireless 802.11g frontend to work
without pauses is to transcode the files down to something more
manageable. I have a lot of wireless activity on my network so I
never really expected it to perform that well. Do you have 802.11b
enabled on your wireless network? Sometimes turning that off
completely will boost 802.11g performance.