[mythtv-users] CentOS and Mythtv

Dale Christ grosserhund at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 12:36:51 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/04/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> > > Out of curiosity, any plans to do xfs kernel modules too?
> >

> Alex,
>
> I'd be interested in CentOS5/RH5 XFS modules - I think that CentOS
> makes an excellent default no that it has caught up to a reasonable
> state.
>
> I'm looking for something to get me off the Fedora upgrade treadmill,
> and my Centos experience have been really good.
>
> Greg

My problems turned out to be a corrupted index file (programs.MYI), a jumper
change from "Master" to "CS", and I was running the latest Fedora 6 Kernel (
2.6.20-2955?).  I fixed the index, restored the jumper to "master", and am
running the latest Fedora 6 Kernel from 2.6.19 (2933?).  and my Mythbox
working at 100% again.  I watched a little TV last night, imported about 20
CDs into my box, and watched a little video that I previously recorded.

Now all I need is a 500GB HDD and another gig of RAM (I use my mythbox as a
java test server as well ;)

Thanks for the help!