[mythtv-users] Crash to Desktop FC6 FE

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 7 14:58:41 UTC 2007

On 04/06/2007 11:14 PM, Thom Paine wrote:
> I'm having a problem with my new FE that is crashing to desktop when a
> recording ends or I hit exit while watching a recording. This is a
> newer FE I just whipped together.
>
> It's running a fully updated FC6 install.
>
> Is there an mplayer log I can check to maybe figure this problem out?

If you're really talking about mythfrontend crashing after a recording,
there's no "mplayer" log because MPlayer isn't used.  Check out
mythfrontend's "-l" option and/or run it in a console (where it will log
to stdout/stderr).

Oh, and likely, for a crash, you'll actually need to follow these
instructions: http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2

Mike