[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Sat Apr 7 23:31:38 UTC 2007

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Josh <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com> wrote:
>

>> I'll add those 2 lines to the Wiki this afternoon also, I'm sure others
>> will find it useful too.
>>

> Cool, I didn't want to edit your wiki page.
>

>> One of my front end boxes has the song box overlay that works great but
>> my other front end that's setup exactly the same doesn't do the screen
>> overlay but it does shoot the song name to the command window (which
>> doesn't do me much good in the Myth GUI... once I figure it out I'll
>> post details on the Wiki so hopefully it will solve your issue also...
>> but it does work I just need to do some more research.
>>

> I am getting the display to terminal, which does no good.  Hoping you
> can figure it out.
>

>> Hey, I'm just glad to have quick, easy access to my Sirius account right
>> from my MythTV. :-)
>>

> Me too.  Now I can listen to Howard while getting ready for work.

It's the MythTV Wiki page so feel free to add whatever it takes to get
everyone working.

I'm already at work by the time Howard comes on so I listen from my
Firefox plug-in, but my girlfriend said the same thing "now I can listen
to Howard when I'm getting ready for work." Maybe that was my real
motivation... maybe not. :-)

I looked into mythnotify but it only sends messages to the OSD when your
watching TV and I figure it's not very often you will be watching TV and
listening to music at the same time so it's not hardly worth messing
with. *sigh* oh well.

--
Josh