[mythtv-users] mythbackend conflict with Xbox 360

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Sun Apr 8 03:15:01 UTC 2007

Ok, at first I thought I was crazy, but I've been able to reproduce this
consistently for 2 weeks now.

If I turn on my Xbox 360 and go to the Dashboard, mythbackend freaks out
and rockets to 100% CPU. The only way to fix it is to restart
mythbackend. If I'm playing a classic Xbox game on the 360, I don't get
the problem, and if I'm playing a 360 game, I get the problem but not
always immediately.

With the Dashboard however, it's instant. As soon as I get to the
dashboard, I start hearing the fans in my mythbox revving up (which they
only do under very heavy processor load). I do a 'top' on the box, and
sure enough, mythbackend is at 100% CPU.

So, anyone have any ideas?

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837