[mythtv-users] "Master backend override" doesn't work on slave FEs?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Apr 9 03:53:16 UTC 2007

* On Sun Apr 08, 2007 at 08:14:45PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> 0.20-fixes.
>
> I looked through my settings to see if I'd gotten something wrong. (I
> did recently switch some IPs around so that's always a possibility.)
> Everything looks kosher to me, though.  Master Backend Override is a
> global setting, right?  I'm assuming I should only have to enable it
> once to affect all frontends.

Yes, it is global, although it only works if the master backend's
recording directory is also the same as the slave's (ie, they share
the same directory via nfs/cifs/etc.  That is the only way the master
can find the recording file.

With SVN trunk and Storage Groups, they no longer have to share the
same recording directory, but the master still does have to have access
to the slave's recording directories.  I say directories plural, because
Storage Groups allows you to have one or more recording directories per
backend and you can have one or more groups that include one or more
directories each.

Since you're using -fixes, it sounds like you don't share the same
recording directory, that you are expecting the master to be able to
stream the files stored locally on the slave.  Is that the case?

--
Chris