[mythtv-users] Firewire and 5c

Chris Funk cfunk30myth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:36:19 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have been watching the recent threads concerning comcast and the 5c
stuff.  I decided to check mine (comcast in Northern Colorado)  all of the
channels say that 5c is off.  However I still only receive a few channels
over firewire.  So i'm assuming that comcast has the box set to just send
certain channels out the firewire port??

One more question, and this is way off topic, and hopefully not a legal
issue since it's not dealing with cracking 5c.  Does anyone know if it is
possible to pull recordings off a dct6412 stb's hd?  I read a huge thread on
avs forums, but it dealt with just doing what myth already does (captureing
from firewire) except in windows.  There were a few references to getting
stuff off the dct's hard drive, but the thread is about a year old.
Not a big deal, just wanted to get HD Sopranos and Entourage into myth from
the 6412.

Thanks
Chris