[mythtv-users] Smoother video playback?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:03:22 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Ben Lancaster <lists at benlancaster.co.uk> wrote:

> I've experimented with various Modelines (and settled with
> 1280x720_60 from the NVidia pool), and countless combinations of
> playback mode/deint settings. XvMC and BOB has thus far proved the
> smoothest. CPU usage rarely

Ben

I can't comment on xvmc as I don't use it, but...

I assume from your email address that you're PAL based - hence your
material will be 25fps. Do you have a 50Hz modeline to use for
display? - likely if this is a hi-def tv, unlikely if it's a monitor.
A 50Hz modeline should give you a noticeable improvement, particularly
in combination with opengl vsync.

Regards

Mark