[mythtv-users] mythtv HD playback issue with HDHomerun, SUSE 10.2, Core Duo

hariharan swaminathan hari.swaminathan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 00:20:23 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm running mythtv  svn 12782 ( someone suggested this in HDhomerun forum).
PC configuration:
SUSE Linux 10.2,
Intel Core Duo E6600 & 2G memory. Foxconn G9657MA-8KS2H  Motherboard
It has an onboard video - Intel GMA X3000. I also have a HDHomerun tuner.

This is connected thro' VGA to my panasonic plasma TV. It's an EDTV
with native resolution 720x480.

I'm trying to play 1080i & 720p video & the playback is not good,
especially in fast motion video.

In mythfrontend verbose mode, I see the following line almost every sec:
 NVP: Video is 3.04651 frames behind audio (too slow), dropping frame
to catch up.

In mythbackend log also,
I see errors like
[mpeg2video @ 0xb73ed588]current_picture not initalized
2007-03-26 00:00:01.946 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error
But the mythbackend error is not very frequent.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in Advance.