[mythtv-users] Why modify mfdb start/end with MythFillGrabberSuggestsTime? (was Re: Filldatabase cron job necessary?)

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 00:22:55 UTC 2007

On 11/04/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> I had noticed this before, but since I run my box 24/7/52 (there are
> only 52 weeks in a year--one day I'll convince the world I'm right ;),
> it doesn't affect me.  So, I didn't think it was worth asking about.
> However, now that someone else has brought it up... ;)

For the first few years I had my dedicated box running full time as
well. I started shutting it down last year when my girlfriend kept
complaining about the noise and wasted energy. :/

Every time we watch stuff on her PVR (ExpressVu) she comments about
some feature she wishes she had... timestretch, commercial skip,
long-term and more detailed listings (hers gets only two days!),
better search, better scheduling, multiple tuners.... :D

But anyway, it would be awesome if the housekeeper could figure out it
missed the run. I've noticed it for a while, but wasn't sure how to
bring it up... especially since I wasn't sure if it was just a
configuration issue. I'd never seen anyone else mention it, so I
figured it was just me.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent