[mythtv-users] Scan for channels not working with 2.6.20 kernel

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Apr 12 16:08:02 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007 10:42:09 Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 26 March 2007 10:05:31 Nathan Faust wrote:
> > Which tuner card are you using?
> > I'm receiving QAM256 perfectly fine on my Kworld ATSC 110 with kernel
> > 2.6.20.3 (Ubuntu Feisty 2.6.20-12)
>
> Something is definitely horked, at least in Fedora-land. I'm looking into
> it.

> DVB channel scanning doesn't work for me using Axel's latest 0.20 mythtv
> builds, across kernels 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6 and 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6, and
> across a pcHDTV HD-3000, an AirStar HD-5000 and an HDHomeRun (which leads
> me to believe this isn't a kernel issue). Current mythtv svn trunk
> (pre-0.21 dev code) works just fine though. Pretty sure channel scanning
> worked w/0.20 less than a month ago, but I'm not sure yet exactly what
> broke things or when.

This is now fixed in the release-0-20-fixes branch. Turned out to be related
to the us-cable-irc (in my case) frequency tables being out of whack just
enough to throw off the scanner. Of course, I don't know exactly why it used
to work and stopped working, but...

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13219

Big thanks to Janne Grunau for putting up with me/helping me sort through some
bad hardware and umpteen changesets to track down the fix, and thanks to Mike
Dean for writing the patches to begin with (they've been in svn trunk for a
few months now).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com