[mythtv-users] lirc build errors
mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Apr 12 17:04:56 UTC 2007
Brian Foddy wrote:
> Over the weekend I tried building mythtv (release-0-20-fixes_20070315)
> on two Mandriva 2007 systems and both encountered this problem, which
> I can't identify.
> Basically, despite being configured with
> ./configure --libdir-name=/usr/lib64 --arch=k8 --enable-proc-opt
> and lirc_devel present, the mythfrontend wouldn't connect to lircd. When
> I looked into the problem more, I found 'ldd mythfrontend' was not dependent
> at all on lirc_client, but looking at the compile lines they were littered
> with -DUSE_LIRC, digging more I found
> ldd libmyth-0.20.so.0.20.0|grep lirc
> did contain liblirc_client.so.0 => /usr/lib64/liblirc_client.so.0.
> So how can the libraries include lirc_client but the final executables do
> This was on a Mandriva 2007 x86_64 and a i586 machine. The exact same
> mythtv version on a Mandriva 2006 machine links lirc_client just fine.
> I'm thinking this needs TR ticket, but I'll ask here first if someone has
> ideas. I have a full build output file, if that helps.
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Similar setup to you - different problem, as I wasn't using Lirc at the
point I rebuilt. Put /lib64 and /usr/lib64 into /etc/ld.so.conf and
rerun ldconfig. This should make sure you pull everything you need: also
remember you may need to clean the above out if you need to rebuild again.
More information about the mythtv-users