[mythtv-users] Help sponsor MythTVMultiplex.

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Apr 12 23:51:41 UTC 2007

Anthony Hornby wrote:
> If businesses make a buck off it too - all power to them.
>
> "free as in speech, not as in beer"

Yeah, I don't see the problem here.  There are some projects where a
large portion of the useful additions to the code base come from
companies who need certain features to sell a product.  Asterisk comes
to mind.  Heck, the kernel itself isn't a bad example -- quite a few
patches are sent upstream from companies like Red Hat and SUSE that are
selling distributions.  The fact that they're getting something that
they're making a buck off of doesn't strike me as a problem.  Last I
checked an oath of poverty was not one of the clauses in the GPL. ;)