[mythtv-users] looking for a new AGP card

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Fri Apr 13 17:51:51 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 12:11, Phil Bridges wrote:

> > The two cards that worked are:
> >
> > - MX4000: MSI MX4000-T128
> > - 5200FX: MSI (unknown model; bought used on eBay)
> >
> > I've also played back HD content at 800x600 with a 128MB card based on a
> > SiS Xabre chipset, but it doesn't support XvMC and imposed more of a CPU
> > load
>
> Did these cards have good-wuality TV-outs?

That's a somewhat subjective matter, but I was satisfied with all three of
them, with one exception: The SiS card produced occasional video glitches.
These weren't issues of CPU load -- it was that the video would occasionally
flicker, as if sync had been lost for a moment.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com