[mythtv-users] Compile Problem - 0.20 on SuSE 10.1

Tom Weichmann tomcw at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 16 19:48:36 UTC 2007

---- Graham Smith  wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Tom Weichmann wrote:
> >
> > I would go to 10.2, but it does not run on a VIA C3 processor (EPIA M
> > MoBo). I tried it and even the boot disk won't work.
> >
> > What are the tweaks for the plugins?
> >

> As I mentioned to you before the boot disk for openSUSE 10.2 does not support
> the VIA C3 but if you use the openSUSE 10.1 you can install 10.2 without any
> problems using either FTP or NFS as the source.
>
> If you want further info on how to get it working please contact me.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Graham Smith

Graham,

Thanks, I tried using the 10.1 boot disk for FTP install, then put in a server and directory for a 10.2 install. I installed the entire system and when I re-booted the system hung after grub. I guess that I assumed that the kernel just wasn't compiled for this processor. Is there some other trick to get this to work?