[mythtv-users] HD canada

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Apr 17 16:17:02 UTC 2007

Daniel Agar wrote:
> What are other Canadians doing for HD content? I can't receive any atsc
> broadcasts where I'm located so what other options do we have in Canada
> (Southern Ontario). After some quick googling I haven't seen any success
> stories in using rogers digital STBs with firewire or anything with bell
> expressvu other than PVR 150x with IR blasters.
>
> What do Canadians do for HDTV?
>
> sidenote
> Why are rogers and bell so damn evil?

Where are you located? Your cableco probably broadcasts some digital
stuff. A lot of local stations are starting to get ready to broadcast
atsc OTA, since they must down-grade any simulcast US stuff.

As for me, I do not *YET* do any HD. Rogers wants too much money. I do
get digital SD.

I am presently looking into putting up an antenna. I should be able to
get about 14 channels...but only 5 or 6 will be HD at first.

This site http://www.user.dccnet.com/jonleblanc/Canada_TV_Stations/ON.html

lists all of the TV stations in Ontario and a fair number are already
digital

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury