[mythtv-users] Torrent Auto downloading from RSS

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 23:08:02 UTC 2007

I modified bashpodder to download rss feeds of video podcasts.  Its a work
in progress but I am able to use it.  It requires that the rss feed have the
enclosure and description tags (or itunes:summary).  It puts podcasts in
separate directories with the directory as a video category, generates the
"plot" from the description tags and creates coverfiles.  It then writes
directly to the videometadata database.  You could then use MythVideo's
Filter option to restrict the Browse Mode to just a particular podcast.  I
got tired of trying to keep track of which show I watched already.  Its
rather crude and has a ton of comments.  I run it via cron. if you're
interested let me know and I will email it to you.