[mythtv-users] How can I determine proper audio settings

Mark J. Bobak mark at bobak.net
Wed Apr 18 07:30:13 UTC 2007

Dave,

What is the sound card outputting to, and how is it connected?

On my system, I'm using an optical SPDIF connection to my audio system's
preamp.  So, I use ALSA:iec958 (or ALSA:spdif, which is an alias) for
Audio output device, and the same for Passthrough output device.  I have
the mixer device disabled, cause w/ a digital optical link, I don't do
volume control in Myth, I do it on my system's preamp.

Hope that helps,

-Mark