[mythtv-users] Dumb SVN question

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:30:26 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:

> Phil Bridges wrote:
> > Interesting - I'll read through that tonight and give it a
> shot.  Thanks!

> >> You could always use a Portage overlay for MythTV SVN. I use:
> >>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-490119-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-mythtv+ebuild-start-0.html
> >>
> >> --PhllW
>
> You only have to build the mythweather-revamp module.. You don't have to
> rebuild the entire tree.  I'm not familiar with gentoo, but that's what
> I do for Fedora.
>
> -Rich

Phil,

I'm a Gentoo MythTV user also.  I haven't bothered to rebuild MythWeather
for myself, but if you want a portage overlay with some SVN builds, try a
program in portage called "layman".  (
http://projects.gunnarwrobel.de/scripts/wiki/layman)

Layman installed Portage Overlays for you and has several to choose from.  A
believe there are a couple for MythTV SVN ebuilds.  I use it on my web
server for the experimental webapps ebuilds.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Cole Brodine

Visit My Website at http://www.brodine.com/