[mythtv-users] Pandora and Myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 18 18:34:23 UTC 2007

On 04/18/2007 01:12 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
> On 4/18/07, Geoff Scott <geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone incorporated Pandora into their Myth setup?  I'd be interested
>> to hear how you did it.
>>
>> http://pandora.com/
> i had never heard of this before but wow! i like it.  Quality is decent for
> streaming radio, its free, and it guess the music that i will like!

If only it weren't Flash-only.  IMHO, it really doesn't do well with the
real-time requirements of audio playback...  I hear glitches a couple of
times per hour.

(And then there's the fact that Flash 9 for GNU/Linux triggers a bug in
the 9629/9631 NVIDIA drivers--the last to support GeForce 4 series--that
kills the video card and requires a reboot.  And the fact that Adobe
doesn't provide a Flash player for GNU/Linux x86_64.)

Besides, if it is Flash-only, why "integrate" it in Myth?  Why not just
have Myth pop up a browser window that goes to the right page using
"EXEC firefox http://pandora.com/" or whatever?

Mike