[mythtv-users] A micro myth client possible???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Apr 18 23:39:48 UTC 2007

On Apr 18, 2007, at 5:22 PM, Jochen Kühner wrote:

> maybe we can get linux to work on a device like
> http://www.jadeintegration.com/jackpc.php
> that would be a perfect myth client maybe??

Linux yes, Myth no.

Looking at the "Full Specifications" (which are anything but):

The video hardware is not specified, but the 4 or 8 MB makes it look
like it is more or less a simple frame buffer, and would have a hard
time outputting video from myth.

The CPU is not capable of HD, and possibly not even SD given that all
the video work would have to be done by the CPU. There does not
appear to be any way to connect any sort of standard video hardware.

The RAM looks pretty limited as well.

The "Equivalent x86" is a little deceptive, as it really depends on
what you are doing. That number represents the best possible case,
but I guess you can't blame the maker for that.

Not that this is really criticism, this device was not designed to do
anything like run any portion off Myth. LIttle devices/boards like
this have been available for a long time and have a lot of potential,
just not as Myth hardware.

But I certainly don't mean to discourage people posting anything that
even looks like it might be of interest here, keep that up please.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org