[mythtv-users] Changing mythtv's password

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Thu Apr 19 03:08:34 UTC 2007

As soon as a show finishes recording toniight, I hope to change mythtv's
password on my combined front-back end box.

Let me say what I think I need to do and then ask for corrections or
additions. I want to avoid hosing my system in my newbie haste.

1. Change the mythtv Linux password using passwd

2. Change the mythtv password in the FE mythsetup on screen 1

3. Change the mySql mythtv password

4. restart mythtv

5. All three passwords must be the same.

These are my best guesses submitted for comment.

I don't know if I need to mess with anything in apache or any other
service. I'm using MythDora 3.2, and httpd is running .. but I haven't
gotten around to experimenting with MythWeb.

I'm really most unsure of step 3. Should I do this as root? What is the
program, mysqladmin? What is the command?

  mysqladmin -U mythtv password <new password>

????

TIA for any help.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer