[mythtv-users] Installing mythtv frontend on Xbox MK1 with Xebian, failed deps?

Alexander Fisher alexjfisher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:40:10 UTC 2007

On 19/04/07, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed Xebian on a mk1 XBOX, this all went fine. I installled it
> on the E: partition.
> When I now attempt to apt-get the mythtv-frontend etc as details here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_on_Xebian_stable
>
> I get the following:
> xbox2:~# apt-get install mythtv-frontend libmyth-0.20 mythtv-common
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   libmyth-0.20: Depends: libjack0.80.0-0 (>= 0.99.0) but it is not installable
>                 Depends: libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.3.4) but it is not installable
>                 Depends: libqt3-mt-mysql but it is not going to be installed or
>                          libqt3c102-mt-mysql but it is not installable
>   mythtv-frontend: Depends: libjack0.80.0-0 (>= 0.99.0) but it is not
> installable
>                    Depends: libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.3.4) but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
> xbox2:~#
>
> The step just before this is to do an apt-get update, this seems to pass without
> updating any packages, like:
>
> xbox2:~# apt-get update
> Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org stable/main Packages
> Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org stable/main Release
> Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org stable/contrib Packages
> Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org stable/contrib Release
> Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org stable/non-free Packages
> Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org stable/non-free Release
> Hit ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Packages
> Hit ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Release
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/main Packages
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/main Release
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/contrib Packages
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/contrib Release
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Packages
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Release
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/main Sources
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/main Release
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/contrib Sources
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/contrib Release
> Hit http://alexfisher.me.uk sarge/main Packages
> Ign http://alexfisher.me.uk sarge/main Release
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Sources
> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Release
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Release
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Packages
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Release
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/non-free Packages
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/non-free Release
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Sources
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Release
> Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Sources
> [...]

apt-get update doesn't update actual packages.  It updates the list of
available packages.  A new debian stable release (etch) was made a
week or so ago.  Xebian is based on the old stable (sarge).  Try
editing your /etc/apt/sources file and run apt-get update again.
Change all references of 'stable' to 'sarge'.  This may fix your
dependency problem.

Kind Regards,
Alex