[mythtv-users] Focus problems using mythwelcome

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 23:10:50 UTC 2007

Has anyone else had problems with LIRC and focus using mythwelcome?

I have no problems with mythfrontend, this always gets focused correctly
and lirc works immediately but when I quit mythfrontend or start the
machine up I usually find LIRC is not focused on mythwelcome and I have
to plug a mouse in to continue!

WindowManager:
I am currently using blackbox, but have tried fluxbox, fvwm, ratpoison
etc. and all exhibit the same problem.

Oh, and yes I've read all the forums and stuff, and tried everything I
can.  Just nothing seems to work.  I'm using head and ubuntu edgy. I'm
starting to wonder whether this may be a bug with mythwelcome, but the
window creation code looks to be the same as that for mythfrontend.

Thankyou,
Matthew