[mythtv-users] HD Video: HDMI DVI VGA?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Fri Apr 20 16:44:14 UTC 2007

I'm trying to figure out the best way to display video on my plasma.
Right now, I'm using VGA (IT's a LG plasma with RGB VGA inputs).  But, I
can't seem to get the resolution over 1024x768 (which is not the proper
aspect ratio)

I'm thinking that might also be causing performance issues.

So -- my options:  The card I'm using (Nvidia FX5200) only has VGA and
S-Video outputs.

I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 with DVI output, but it's got a weird pci-id
which forces me to modify the kernel to get the nvidia driver to load .
. royal pain.  Also, I'd rather save this card for gaming.

What options do I have to put the least load on my P4-2.4Ghz, so that I
can see HD?

-Dave

--

David Frascone

                 Those who can, do. Those who can't, supervise!