[mythtv-users] Installing my pchdtv-5500 working..

Thomas Kessler electronikjunkie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 19:44:34 UTC 2007

I don't do OTA, but I do use QAM-256 on my HD-5500. Make sure you removed
the cx88-blackbird driver and loaded the cx88-dvb and cx8800. Once you get
your scanned channels from dvbscan, copy the dumped output to a file called
"~/.azap/channels.conf". Use azap to tune a channel by typing something like
this:

azap -r KTBW-D1

Then with mplayer type this:

mplayer -nosound /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

Mplayer should start and show a picture. Go through all of the channels in
channels.conf and find the working ones. Some people may have a script you
can run to do this for you. After you have a good working channels.conf file
you can import it into MythTV. Under mythtv-setup -> input -> DVB Card ->
scan for channels: one of the boxes says: input channels.conf. You only need
to have the channels you can pickup in your Zap2It account. I don't know
about populating the guide MythTV might match the ones listed in your
channels.conf to the ones in your Zap2It account or you may have to tweak it
manually. I havn't gotten that far yet. Check out these two links:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_Digital_Cable_Channels_%28For_ATSC/QAM_Tuner_Cards_--_USA/Canada%29
http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DigitalTelevisionDVB

If you get NTSC working on MythTV, please let me know how you did it. Hope
this helps some...

TK