[mythtv-users] Starting VNCServer Auto-magically

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Sun Apr 22 21:14:28 UTC 2007

I just recently set all of this up as well (but for Unbuntu Edgy).  I
suspect the same concepts all still apply.

Basically, xinetd will create my VNC server on command.  So when I boot and
have not logged in, it is not chewing up any memory.  Once I hit the port
the first time, it launches VNC which I use for exactly the purposes you
have listed above (since my Myth box is on anyways).

This might be of use, or at least will allow you to google the right terms
and software for FC.
http://www.movingtofreedom.org/2007/02/16/howto-remote-desktop-with-vnc-in-u
buntu-edgy-gnu-linux

HTH,