[mythtv-users] GameCube FE?

Groepaz groepaz at gmx.net
Mon Apr 23 20:22:00 UTC 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 21:15, F Peeters (MythTV) wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, is anyone aware of any attempts to run a (slimmed
> down) Myth FE on a Nintendo GameCube?
>
> I know there are GameCube Linux attempts, but have not found any obvious
> Myth references...

we tried to run it, but its not really worth it. the gamecube just doesnt have
enough ram (only 24mb main memory), and no useable mass storage - so to make
it work at all we used swap on NBD - which as you can imagine is really
really slow and unuseable :)

what nobody tried so far was porting a slimline myth frontend nativly, that
might work better. (however it looks like quite a lot of work to me, guess
thats why nobody tried =P) feel free to give it a try :)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org
http://www.gc-linux.org/docs/yagcd.html

Education is what you have left when you have forgotten everything you learned
in school.
<Albert Einstein>