[mythtv-users] Recorder failed

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 24 09:38:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:41:41AM -0400, Rich West wrote:
> And the only reason I really upgraded was to stay within the
> "supported" window for Axel's RPMs (he stated he only supports the
> two latest FC releases, and if FC7 comes out, he would only support
> FC5 rpms for a few months.. so it was just a matter of time).

Actually I'm supporting FC releases as long as possible.

As long as there was the legacy project that tried to prolongue the
EOL of FC and RHL I could offer packages for these distros, but when
they go EOL and I support them, I would have to support all the
security issues that rise in kernel, glibc etc, which would be half a
dozen full-time jobs.

So, in short, if it goes EOL by the vendor, I can't continue
supporting it. If the yearly full-upgrade is too much, then I suggest
to switch the RHEL5/CentOS5/SL5 which get the same support by ATrpms
only longer ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net