[mythtv-users] Transcode not working

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 25 03:31:52 UTC 2007

* On Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 08:58:27AM -0400, David Frascone wrote:
> David Frascone wrote:
> > For some reason, transcode is not working for me.  Here is the relevant
> > portions from the backend logs: http://www.frascone.com/transcode_log.txt

The log tells you what was wrong when it says this:

2007-04-23 08:49:54.357 Please ensure that recording profiles for the transcoder are set

You didn't setup the transcoding profile.

> > And, here is the output from mythtranscode (when I tried the command
> > line): http://www.frascone.com/mythtranscode_log.txt

The error in your manual run of mythtranscode is here on your command line:

mythtranscode -v all -i /myth/disks/2/202074_20070420220000.mpg --showprogress

I don't think your chanid is 202074 because mythtranscode says it can't
find the recording in the DB.

> Ok -- found the problem.  Looks like MPEG4 is the only transcoding that
> works.  I changed all of my transcoders to go to MPEG4, and now
> everything is happy.  Where should I file a bug that svn is broken?

This isn't a bug, it was a (un)configuration issue on your end.

--
Chris