[mythtv-users] Sony Bravia, Modlines & Intel chipset!

Paul thannet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:19:13 UTC 2007

I have been messing around with this for at least a week, following
numerous links to numerous dead ends! My problem is that I am new to
Linux and Myth, and really suffer from an understanding problem.

So here goes:-

I have a small fujitsu siemens desktop (Nice and quiet) Installed Ubuntu
fiesty (7) Installed Myth frontend (backend is already running fine on
another machine)

Connect up to monitor, all works well at 1280*1024.  Move unit to the TV
and plug in via the VGA socket and cannot get anything other than 1024 *
768. After further googling I found out that the default resolutions of
the Intel graphics does not do the default Bravia resolution of 1280*768
60Hz. So off I went and researched the chip-set, and lo and behold found
a program called 915 resolution. Following instructions, replaced one of
the modes with the required res, restarted X, sadly it still did not
show up as an option in resolutions!

Ok at this stage I read a link about modlines, now this really is
getting beyond my very limited understanding.

Can any kind soul please help, this is driving me nuts.

Paul.