[mythtv-users] Samsung DLP and X

Jake Thompson jake-lists at jakethompson.com
Wed Apr 25 20:05:15 UTC 2007

I have a 50" Samsung DLP HDTV, 1080p version.  Myth connection via HDMI-DVI
cable.  Absolutely beutiful picture, no problems at all.  I beleive they say
you cannot connect a PC to the HDMI is becaus it will not work as a PC
display because of overscanning, but itworks perfectly well for a Myth
display, I have mythfrontend running in a slightly smaller XxY, but I am
using standard mode lines otherwise.  Here is my xorg.conf file:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "glx"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "blank time" "0"
        Option      "standby time" "0"
        Option      "suspend time" "0"
        Option      "off time" "0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    # generated from default
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Unknown"
        ModelName    "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Device"

#    Option         "UseDisplayDevice"    "DFP"
#    Option         "UseEvents"           "True"
#    Option         "ConnectedMonitor"    "DFP"
#    Option         "RenderAccel"         "True"
#    Option         "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "True"
#    Option         "UseEDIDDpi"          "False"
#    Option         "ModeValidation"      "NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        Option      "UseEvents" "True"
#    Option         "TVStandard"          "HD1080p"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        Option      "NoLogo" "true"
        Option      "DPI" "100x100"
        Option      "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-0"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"
        Option      "UseEvents" "True"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "True"
        Option      "UseEDIDDpi" "False"
        Option      "RandRRotation" "1"
        Option      "Coolbits" "1"
        Option      "ModeValidation" "NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck"
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1920x1080_60" "1280x720_60" "720x480_60"
        EndSubSection
EndSection