[mythtv-users] Samsung DLP and X

František Augusztin frantisek at augusztin.com
Wed Apr 25 20:39:21 UTC 2007

Jake Thompson:
> I have a 50" Samsung DLP HDTV, 1080p version.  Myth connection via HDMI-DVI
> cable.  Absolutely beutiful picture, no problems at all.  I beleive they
> say you cannot connect a PC to the HDMI is becaus it will not work as a PC
> display because of overscanning, but itworks perfectly well for a Myth
> display, I have mythfrontend running in a slightly smaller XxY, but I am
> using standard mode lines otherwise.  Here is my xorg.conf file:

Well, they said that i will get no picture :-). For example look at LE37S71B
manual (can be found at [1]), there is a clearly written warning with same
meaning on page 7:

- Do not attempt to connect the HDMI/DVI connector to a PC or Laptop Graphics
Card. (This will result in a blank screen being displayed)

Maybe it's model specific ? How old is your TV ?

[1]
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=HQ&CttFileID=1091055&CDCttType=UM&ModelType=N&ModelName=LE37S71B&VPath=UM/200607/20060725174905312_BN68-01001H-01-L03-0613.pdf

--
Frantisek Augusztin
frantisek at augusztin.com