[mythtv-users] MythTV recovery groups?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Apr 25 22:59:21 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/25/2007 02:48 PM, Ross Campbell wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/07, M@ <msheppard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I am a couple years into a very unsuccessful relationship with MythTV.  I've
>>> reached a low-bottom tonight - the backend crashed and failed to record
>>> Gilmore Girls which pissed the wife off - and when I went to watch the only
>>> Colbert Report it recorded for some reason and had the sound not work.  I
>>> have solved the sound problem at least a dozen times - and tonight the F10 +
>>> F11 keys no longer seem to affect the volume.  Why?  For the love of christ
>>> WHY?
>>>
>> Regardless of how mysterious any system problems seem to you, each one
>> has a clear cause and a solution. Keep that in mind. There's no voodoo
>> - it's all files and code.
>>

> Unless, of course, it's silicon, heat, or electricity.  That's where all
> the voodoo is.

That's the truth.  :)

I've solved a number of client's problems (not myth related, but system
related) solely by cleaning the vents and adding fans additional fans to
their systems.

In regard to the original poster, someone else posted this, but it is
worth echoing: try different hardware with a fresh-clean OS and MythTV
install using ATrpms (Jarod's guide is good to follow) or do a fresh
install of something like MythDora.

-Rich