[mythtv-users] Simulate turning on and off within MythTV

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Apr 27 11:11:24 UTC 2007

> Nick,
>
> Thank you for responding.
>

>> See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/104787
> That's a decent script. Turning the monitor on and off works, so I'm
> part way there.
>
> But it doesn't mute/unmute audio.
>
> Is there a command in MythTV that will go from wherever on is in
> mythfrontend to the start page? If that were possible, then maybe I
> could combine it with the script.
>
> Then that would stop the sound anyway, and make the system ready to go
> for when the monitor was next turned on.

Did you know that you can have a button on the remote actioned by both
irexec and mythtv?

I use a power.sh script to use an IR blaster to turn my TV & amp on/off
and the power button code is used by mythtv to do a JumpToMainMenu
jump-point. That ensures that when I shut down I always come out of LiveTV
(saves disk space) and on 'powerup' I start at the top level menu.

--
Robin Gilks