[mythtv-users] Can't Do HD ATSC Playback

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:33:31 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, Alex Halovanic <halovanic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin, I might be misinterpreting what you said, but have you tried
> setting myth to use the various XvMC options in your playback
> settings?  The standard playback setting will have to do all the heavy
> lifting of decoding the MPEG2 files instead of offloading it to the
> graphics card.

Alex,

I do have the VIA XvMC playback enhancement enabled. What I was getting at
was that I remember reading a thread a while back that talked about a
potential cause of the stuttering of playback being caused by Myth trying to
keep things in sync when the framerate didn't match up with the refresh rate
that X was using to drive the TV display. I never did followup and try
tuning my Xconfig better to test this theory though. It was also mentioned
that if you ran mythfrontend from an xterm with extra output requested, you
would see messages alluding to the same.

...Kevin