[mythtv-users] Setting a jump point with lircrc (was: Simulate turning on and off within MythTV)

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:28:23 UTC 2007

On 4/30/07, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:

> However, I'm struggling with the part where the button jumps to the main
> menu before switching off the monitor.
>
> The only reference I can find to setting jump points in the MythTV Wiki
> is here in a section on controlling via telnet:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.6
>
> But I've tried the following command in my lircrc file to no effect:
>
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = Power
> repeat = 2
> config = jump mainmenu
> end
>
> I'm sure the syntax is wrong, but I'm not sure what to do in its place.
>
> Can someone help me get this straightened out?
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated.

Try looking at the keybindings section in mythweb. You can set jump
points in there but i'm not sure if there's one to jump to the main
menu.

I mapped asome of the imon pad buttons (mytv, myphotos, mymusic etc)
to use keypress combinations that weren't already being used by myth
then just configured those in my lircrc.

Cheers
Matt