[mythtv-users] MythWeb TV Searches

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 23:09:16 UTC 2007

On 04/08/07, Kai Holthaus <kmh at sonic.net> wrote:

> Next try - navigating to a detail page of one of the ER showings (via TV
> station listings), and clicking on the "ER" link. Which brings me back to the
> memory limit error from above.
>
> Looking at the link I tried to click, it has the form
>         http://<mythweb-server>/tv/search/ER?search_title=1
>
> Is this a known problem? Or maybe it's not a problem, but a feature? In which
> case - how would I search for "ER"?

I reported the 'other showings' issue a while back
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3206) and it was fixed in trunk but
not backported to 0.20-fixes. In trunk now, other showings should only
return showing of the title you are interested, not run another grep
on the whole titles data.

The title search is still a grep in trunk but I think it should
definitely have an option (a checkbox - no RE's here for the average
end-user) to allow exact matching of the seach query to get around the
issue of searches such as this where valid TV program titles are found
in other titles.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: