[mythtv-users] Cheap media case?

David Segall david at segall.net
Sun Aug 5 05:33:35 UTC 2007

Matt Flax wrote:
> Anyone know what the parallel port cable and backplane are in this picture ?
> http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/11-117-088-12.jpg
> <http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/11-117-088-12.jpg>

I would guess that the bracket and cable connect the internal LCD
display with the parallel port on the motherboard. This is probably good
news because LCDproc supports parallel port LCD displays based on the
HD44780 chip set. However, they warn that the successors to HD44780 are
not necessarily fully compatible.