[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu DVD setup for mytharchive use
mario.mailing at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 17:32:47 UTC 2007
The symlinks are generated at boot time by udev afaik. A fresh boot should
have regenerated them. I've added drives to my Ubuntu boxen with them
populated as /dev/dvd and /dev/dvdrw properly.
On 8/3/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
> > William Munson wrote:
> >> Jeff Campbell wrote:
> >>> Thanks Mario,
> >>> The dev directory contains several items /dev/cdrom, /dev/cdrom1,
> >>> /dev/cdrw1, /dev/dvd, and I think /dev/dvd1. So figuring out which one
> >>> to use is confusing because both the cdrom drive and dvd drive are not
> >>> being recognized.
> >>> I have found some information that I might need to make changes to
> >>> the ?etc/fstab file and then I have seen some postings saying you need
> >>> to unhide the drive in the ?media directory. What are your thoughts?
> >>> thanks again,
> >>> Jeff
> >> Here is a way to find out what your dvd is mapped to. Use the eject
> >> command. eject with no command line options will open the drive door
> >> your default drive. If that works, then use eject -d to print the
> >> default device and you will know what its mapped to. If the plain eject
> >> command does not work then use eject <device> to figure out which one
> >> work. There are several other options that will help if you are still
> >> PS - If you are still having problems, post what version of linux you
> >> are running so we can point you to release specific info.
> > Why not just try:
> > ls -l /dev/dvd*
> > Should tell you what's going on with your DVD drives, even multiple
> > BEWW
> > _______________________________________________
> In my case I added a dvd drive after install so none of my symlinks
> pointed to the correct device which for some reason was mapped to
> /dev/cdrom1. (Maybe because the old drive was cdrom0 even though I
> removed it during the upgrade.) In my case your command would not return
> the correct info but eject with the actual device name did the trick.
> After that I re-linked the standard defines to my device.
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users