[mythtv-users] Anyone have any luck running Myth in VMWare?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:44:42 UTC 2007

I just installed MythDora in a VM on my Windows host. It's the latest VMWare
server with the latest VMWare tools. However, video performance isn't that
great. Myth runs, but videos are very choppy - Sound is consistent but I'm
probably not getting more than 5 frames per second. Dragging windows around
in X is a little sluggish as well.

My host system is pretty beefy - Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM and a Radeon video
card with 256MB. I've allocated 1 CPU and 1GB ram to the VM. The VM is
currently running at 1024 x 768 in fullscreen mode. Is there anything else I
can do to improve performance, or is this just "the way it is"? Has anybody
had better results?