[mythtv-users] unable to burn

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon Aug 6 17:15:08 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> For the first time in a long time I saved a broadcast that I was not
> able to transfer to a DVD. When it reached the stage of being processed,
> prior to the actual burn, the process stopped part way through and
> blocked any further progress. It was explained to me that to remove the
> block I needed to remove any files with a .lck extension. I did this and
> all was well but I still could not transfer the broadcast to DVD. Each
> time I tried the process was stopped and then blocked.
>
> Can any one suggest what could be the cause of this state of affairs and
> whether or not it could be possible to find a way around the problem? I
> would like to save the broadcast.
>
> Norman

It may be something about the recording that mytharchive doesn't like.
I've not tried burning any DVDs yet, but I've certainly had several
recordings that play fine in Myth but which nuvexport doesn't "like" (it
either errors out or slows down to sub 0.1 frames per second when other
recordings of same program on same channel work fine). As burning DVDs
usually involves transcoding, I guess the same thing could apply. I
don't have a solution though, or any suggestions on how to properly
diagnose this.

Cheers,

John

--