[mythtv-users] MythDora 4.0 and nforce 520

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 6 19:46:25 UTC 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007 13:34, Wim Fokkens wrote:

> If the chipset of the motherboard is newer than the kernel I thougth I
> could run into trouble

Hmmm. Possible I guess, but I suspect you would get at least basic
functionality, but of course to be totally safe go with something known to
work.

> > You didn't mention what sort of capture devices, or video output, or
> > remote
> > controls you intend to use. These things are where a lot of folks get
> > into trouble.
>
> I did setup Mythdora 4.0 on an older motherboard with a Technotrend dvb-s
> card and with mce usb remote 2 and a geforce 6200.
>
> Everything just worked out of the box.
> Mythdora 4.0 is a very nice distro

I agree 100%. I finally built a machine to replace my aging (510 days uptime)
0.19 box. Installed MythDora in about 30 minutes and everything is working
well. I won't actually change over 'till I see what happens with listings.
--
BEWW