[mythtv-users] Can we get an update on the status of SchedulesDirect.org?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Aug 6 22:29:54 UTC 2007

Brian Wood writes:

> On Monday 06 August 2007 13:57, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> Oy.. imagine the mail activity on that one. How about just check
>> whatever fix is needed into SVN and -fixes and make people upgrade? :)
>
> A LOT of people do not run SVN or -fixes versions, but packaged setups.
> Forcing all those folks to start checking out from SVN, or even compiling
> fixes trees, would more than likely cause more traffic on this list than a
> simple IP mapping hack.

As I recall, mythfilldatabase can read an XML file in lieu of poking
datadirect. A wrapper that pulls the XML from schedulesdirect, then feeds it
to mythfilldatabase might do the trick. Even a dirty trick, such as rename
the existing mythfilldatabase, and putting the wrapper in its place, but I
recall a config option somewhere that specifies the command that Myth spawns
to run mythfilldatabase.