[mythtv-users] OT: Help selecting PCI SATA card

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Tue Aug 7 03:17:12 UTC 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007 12:29:57 am Gene Stapp wrote:
> On 8/5/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/5/07, Harry Orenstein <holists at verizon.net> wrote:
> > > On Saturday 04 August 2007 11:38:03 pm Steve Peters - Priority

> > sata

> > use),
> >
> > http://www.priorityelectronics.com/product/Search.aspx?store=pe&q=sabrent
> >&p

> > here

> > it

> > I'm not

Steve,

I think I may have misread the description on the website.  You mean that the
converter attaches to the IDE connector on the MB, not the connector on the
drive.  Guess that would work but I'm currently maxed out on IDE drives (4),
so it wouldn't be the easiest.  The PCI card allows me to keep all existing
drives (at least until I copy all data to the SATA).  Thanks again for the
advice.

-- Harry O.