[mythtv-users] Can we get an update on the status ofSchedulesDirect.org?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 05:39:58 UTC 2007

On 06/08/07, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: Brad Fuller
> >
> >On Mon August 6 2007 1:17 pm, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > > I think most repositories offer -fixes (if not all).
> >
> >they do, but the issue is time. For instance, gentoo has solid releases,
> >but
> >they are not quick at getting it ready. So, if datadirect ends and the
> >release is not yet available in the repo..... you might miss some shows.
> >Then, there's always bugs that need to be fixed. It'll be tight.
>
> In any case, I'd think the patch involved for this may likely only affect
> the code for mythfilldatabase, and creating a patched ebuild in your portage
> overlay would be pretty easy.  I'm already doing that in order to have the
> fix for this bug I found:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3681
>
> ...which, by the way, is one I'm shocked nobody else
> noticed...mythfilldatabase was _always_ deleting all "Record only this
> showing" schedules for the current day, even if they hadn't recorded yet.

Code is not (always) rigorously tested before being committed to
trunk. The long delays between releases is to try and make sure any
problems after a commit are noticed and fixed before making the code
available to the masses.

The fix for #3681 was backported to 0.20-fixes on 2007-07-01 in r13794.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/